Is Home Ownership Right For You?
Buying a home is one of the biggest emotional and financial decisions you’ll ever make, so prepare yourself to make a knowledgeable decision.
Although buying a home almost always seems like a great idea, it is important to understand what homeownership involves. Of course, being a homeowner is something to be proud of but it also means having to invest money, time and energy and take on added responsibilities. So, before you decide to buy a home, make sure you’re ready.
Here are some things to consider:
- Financial Security: If housing prices rise, your home can provide you with some financial security due to capital appreciation.
- Stability: Having a place of your own.
- Financial Stress: Coming up with the down payment, meeting regular mortgage payments and other ongoing costs will tie up a lot of your cash, and can put considerable stress on your finances.
- Maintenance: Keeping your home in good shape requires time and money.
- Responsibility: You alone are responsible for payments, repairs and maintenance.
- Flexibility: You can decorate or renovate your home to meet your own family’s personal tastes and needs.
The following steps will help you further assess if buying a home is right for you. Please read the following information and contact me with any questions you may have.
Step 1: Mortgage
Step 2: Real Costs and additional costs
Step 3: What should you buy?
Step 4: Why should you use a Realtor when buying a home?
Step 5: Other professional services in the Buying process
Step 6: The process of making an Offer
Step 7: The final steps